Shrinking Sarah

My weightloss diary!!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend Eating Sucks

I don't know why, but making good choices on the weekend seems harder to me than during the week. It should be the opposite because I'm so busy during the week, but I think keeping my time occupied keeps me from eating out of boredom. I woke up Sunday and the scale read three pounds higher! UGH. I started to feel bloated and REALLY craved salt, so I knew Aunt Flo was coming to visit, and just a few hours later my suspicions were confirmed. It's rare I really don't feel like hitting the gym, but yesterday was it.

Breakfast:
8 oz coffee
1 very small pastry they had in Sunday school class that called out to me. I swear.

Lunch:
black bean and red pepper soup...mmmm
grilled cheese (total comfort food)
iced tea

Snack:
1 low-fat granola bar
water

Dinner:
1 slice meat and cheese lasagna
1 slice texas toast
big green salad with 1 tbsp lowfat dressing
2 glasses of red wine
water

Snack:
apple
2 tbsp peanut butter
diet coke

2 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Charlie Blockhead said…

    The weekend is weird. Like how come I'm hungry ever 2 hours Mon-Fri but never eat anything till 1:00 Saturday afternoon.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    Yeah, the weekends make it difficult for me to make good food choices, too. My weekdays are very regimented, and I'm stuck at my desk during the day, so it's easy for me to plan my meals then. But on the weekends, I'm running around, either out on errands or at home doing chores, and I just stink at remembering to eat every two hours. Ugh.

    Totally hearing you about the food cravings/menstrual cycle thing. I see you read about my "Tastykake Adventure" from last Friday. It is about the ONLY time I would go to such lengths for junk food! Sounds like you're the same.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home